- Government Advice (edited)
By checking on elderly or vulnerable family, friends and neighbours.
• By using NHS services responsibly and following NHS guidance on how to avoid catching and spreading coronavirus, and how to deal with coronavirus symptoms. This information can be found on the NHS website at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/.
By accepting that the advice for managing COVID-19 for most people will be self-isolation at home.
• By checking for new advice as the situation changes. Devon County Council provides advice on coronavirus in Devon on its website at: https://www.devon.gov.uk/document/coronavirus-advice-in-devon/
- Community help if staying at home
Ask friends, family and neighbours, and prescription and food delivery services to deliver medicines and food shopping – but avoid contact with them. Use social media sites and contact the Parish Council to find out what other help might be available in the community. Volunteers and other groups are stepping forward to offer help with dog walking, refuse bins and other urgent non-medical health care issues. See below.
- How to ask for (non-medical) help
From Monday 23 March 2020 on a temporary basis until further notice:
The Parish Council Office telephone number 01271 883403 will be available from 10:00 to 17:00hrs every day (including Saturday and Sunday).
The office front desk will be closed to the public. Staff will deal with enquiries via telephone and email.
The office e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org will be available, but messages will only be read on the day between 10:00 -12:00hrs, Mon – Friday.
- Requests for help
COVID -19 requests to the Parish Council will be passed to the Free
Help Combe Martin Face Book Group of volunteers for action.