A copy with links to the supporting documents will be published shortly.
- Election of Chairman – To elect a Chairman for the municipal year 2022/23. The successful Councillor will sign their “Declaration of Acceptance of Office” form and preside over the rest of the meeting.
- Election of a Vice-Chairman – To elect a Vice-Chairman for the municipal year 2022/23.
- Apologies – To accept any apologies from Councillors.
- Declarations of Interest – To receive any declarations of interest and to note any dispensations granted by the Clerk.
- Public Participation Period – In line with Standing Orders, this item shall not exceed 30 minutes and a member of the public shall not speak for more than three minutes.
- Minutes – To approve and sign the minutes for the Parish Council meeting held on Monday 11th April 2022.
- Clerks Report – To receive and note a report on actions taken since the last meeting and updates on ongoing projects.
- County and District Councillor Reports – To receive and note reports from the County and District Councillors on their activities or the activities of their Council, which affect or relate to Combe Martin.
- Police Report – To receive and note the monthly Ilfracombe Neighbourhood Police Newsletter.
- North Devon Council, the determining authority has asked for comments from the Parish Council on applications affecting Combe Martin. At the time of publication that was the following applications, but applications received after publication may be considered:
75250 – Application for the creation of external access staircase to serve Flat 4 at Oakville, King Street, Combe Martin, EX34 0NW. Map
- Exmoor National Park, the determining authority has asked for comments from the Parish Council on applications affecting Combe Martin. At the time of publication that was the following applications, but applications received after publication may be considered:
- Planning Decisions – To note the following decisions, made by North Devon Council:
74731 – Approval for the extension and conversion of property to form a four-bedroom town house at West Moory, Moory Meadow, Combe Martin, EX34 0DG
74622 – Approval for the change of use from commercial (former bank) to create residential extension at The Bank House, High Street, Combe Martin, EX34 0EB
74542 – Refusal for proposed conversion of outbuilding to residential unit at Pack Of Cards, High Street, Combe Martin, EX34 0ET
- Planning Decisions – To note the following decisions, made by Exmoor National Park:
- Finance – To approve the May list of payments to be made.
- Finance – To note the monthly “Payments Made”, “Receipts”, “Summary Balances & Bank Reconciliations”, and “Car Park receipts” reports, and to agree what information Councillors would like to see going forward.
- Code of Conduct – To receive and accept a recommendation from the NDC Monitoring Officer, that CMPC adopt the new Code of Conduct.
- Review of Committees – To review the Committees, their Terms of Reference, and their delegated powers and to amend if necessary.
- Council Appointments – To appoint Members to the Committees and as Council representatives on external bodies.
- Standing Orders – To review and adopt the Standing Orders.
- Financial Regulations – To review and adopt the Financial Regulations.
- Asset Register – To review and note the Asset Register.
- Council Insurance – To note that the Council has suitable Insurance in place.
- Subscriptions / Memberships – To review and note the Subscriptions and Memberships.
- Complaints – To review and adopt the Complaints Procedure policy.
- FOI & Data Policies – To review and adopt the Council policies, procedures and practices relating to FOI requests and data protection.
- Employment Policies – To review the employment policies and procedures and to adopt or note as necessary.
- Media Policy – To consider replacing the current Press & Media policy and recording protocol with the single NALC Media Policy.
- Parking Permits – To receive recommendations from the Clerk and to approve and adopt if accepted.
- SWW bags of material – To receive a verbal report from Cllr Worth and to agree any actions required.
- Parade Toilets – To consider options for the former toilets under the Parade Car Park.
- Hollands Park Workman Store – To receive an update from Cllr Worth and to agree any actions required.
- Football Club Path – To consider a request relating to the path at the football club (Cllr Worth)
- Hollands Park / Play areas weedkiller – To consider a request to use weedkiller on/in/around the play areas and the Football Club. (Cllr Worth)
- 5 Year Plan – To consider a recommendation from the Clerk.
- Date of future meetings – To note the date of the Annual Parish Meeting (23rd May), and to approve the provisional 2022/23 calendar of meetings., and to agree a date for the Community Centre Committee to meet.
- Exclusion of Press and Public
To resolve under section 1(2) of the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 that the public and press be excluded from the meeting for the following items, as they involve the likely disclosure of confidential information.
- Seacott Office Lease – To approve and sign the draft lease for the former Council Offices at Seacott.
- Parade Lease – To receive an update from the Clerk.
- Staffing Issue – To note a staffing issue and to consider the consequences.