Members of the public are welcome to attend a meeting of Combe Martin Parish Council which will be held on Monday 12 June 2023 at 7pm at the Village Hall for the purpose of transacting the following business.
1. Apologies – To accept any apologies from Councillors.
2. Declarations of Interest – To receive any declarations of interest and to note any dispensations granted by the Clerk.
3. Public Participation Period – In line with Standing Orders, this item shall not exceed 30 minutes and a member of the public shall not speak for more than three minutes.
4. Minutes – To approve and sign the minutes for the Parish Council meeting held on Monday 22 May 2023. Document
5. Clerks Report – To receive and note a report on actions taken since the last meeting and updates on ongoing projects. Document
6. County and District Councillor Reports – To receive and note reports from the County and District Councillors on their activities or the activities of their Council, which affect or relate to Combe Martin.
7. Police Report – To receive and note the monthly Ilfracombe Neighbourhood Police Newsletter. Document
8. Planning. North Devon Council, the determining authority has asked for comments from the Parish Council on applications affecting Combe Martin. At the time of publication that was the following applications, but applications received later may be considered:
77105 – Listed building consent for conversion of outbuilding to residential unit at Pack of Cards, High Street, Combe Martin
9. Planning. Exmoor National Park, the determining authority has asked for comments from the Parish Council on applications affecting Combe Martin. At the time of publication that was the following applications, but applications received later may be considered:
10. Planning Decisions – To note the following decisions, made by North Devon Council:
76426 – Approved . Coulscott Farm, Nutcombe Hill, Combe Martin, EX34 OPQ
11. Planning Decisions – To note the following decisions, made by Exmoor National Park:
12. Finance – To approve the June list of payments to be made. Document
13. Finance – To note the monthly “Payments Made”, “Receipts”, and “Dashboard” from May.
14. Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2022/23 – To accept, note, complete, approve and/or sign as appropriate the following items (guidance for this is available in the Practitioners’ Guide):
• Internal Auditors Report Document
• End of Year Bank Reconciliation Document
• AGAR Page 3 – Annual Internal Audit Document
• AGAR Page 4 – Annual Governance Statement Document
• AGAR Page 5 – Accounting Statements Document
• Period of Public Rights Document
15. Hollands Park Wall – To adopt the draft plan and to agree the timescale and budget. Draft Plan
16. Beach Cleaning – To consider issues raised by Combe Martin Clean Beach Group (Mr. Ray Ashman)
17. Beach events – To consider allowing evening entertainment events on the beach.
18. Kiln Car Park – To consider changes to the agreed relining of Kiln Car Park. (Cllr. Lethaby)
1. Road Closure
2. Sound Collector – CM Beach episode.
20. Exclusion of Press & Public – To resolve that the public and press be excluded from the meeting for the following item, as it involves the likely disclosure of confidential information.
21. Mill Wier Lane – To discuss and agree any further actions.
22. Council Leases – To discuss and agree any further actions.