Members of the public are welcome to attend the Annual Meeting of Combe Martin Parish Council which will be held on Monday 22 May 2023 at 7pm at the Village Hall for the purpose of transacting the following business.
1. Election of Chairman – To elect a chairman for the municipal year 2023/24. The successful Councillor will sign their “Declaration of Acceptance of Office” form and preside over the rest of the meeting.
2. Election of a Vice-Chairman – To elect a Vice-Chairman for the municipal year 2023/24.
3. Apologies – To accept any apologies from Councillors.
4. Declarations of Interest – To receive any declarations of interest and to note any dispensations granted by the Clerk.
5. Public Participation Period – In line with Standing Orders, this item shall not exceed 30 minutes and a member of the public shall not speak for more than three minutes.
6. Minutes – To approve and sign the minutes for the Parish Council meeting held on Monday 17 April 2023. Document
7. Clerks Report – To receive and note a report on actions taken since the last meeting and updates on ongoing projects. Document
8. County and District Councillor Reports – To receive and note reports from the County and District Councillors on their activities or the activities of their Council, which affect or relate to Combe Martin.
9. Police Report – To receive and note the monthly Ilfracombe Neighbourhood Police Newsletter.
10. Planning. North Devon Council, the determining authority has asked for comments from the Parish Council on applications affecting Combe Martin. At the time of publication that was the following applications, but applications received later may be considered:
76833 – Extension and alteration to existing ground floor flat, alteration to front façade windows with addition of Velux windows on the roof together with a loft conversion to facilitate additional bedrooms at Ashbourne House, Combe Martin
Methodist Church, Castle Street, Combe Martin, Devon, EX34 0JF
77085 – Erection of agricultural shed and associated works at land adjacent
Nutcombe Hill, Combe Martin, Devon, EX34 0PQ
11. Planning. Exmoor National Park, the determining authority has asked for comments from the Parish Council on applications affecting Combe Martin. At the time of publication that was the following applications, but applications received later may be considered:
12. Planning Decisions – To note the following decisions, made by North Devon Council:
76450 – Parade car park Toilets – Approved
76742 – Withdrawn
76838 – Approved
13. Planning Decisions – To note the following decisions, made by Exmoor National Park:
14. Finance – To approve the May list of payments to be made. Document
15. Finance – To note the monthly “Payments Made”, “Receipts”, and “Dashboard” from April.
16. Committee Memberships (and Chairman) and Council representatives – To appoint members to each of the Council Committees and to appoint Chairman for each and to appoint Council representatives to various external bodies. Committee members from May 2023 PARISH COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES.docx
17. Date of future meetings – To approve the provisional 2023/2024 calendar of meetings. Document
18. General Power of Competence – To adopt the General Power of Competence.
19. Civility and Respect Pledge – To consider adopting the Civility and Respect Pledge. Document
20. Councillor Training- To agree how/when Councillor training should be organised.
21. Office opening hours – To consider opening 9-3 each day Monday – Friday.
22. Workman’s Shed – To receive an update on current plans and the planning application and to consider alternative options.
23. Annual reviews and adoptions:
a. Standing Orders
b. Financial Regulations
c. Asset Register
d. Delegation Policy
e. Terms of Reference:
1. Assets & Land Management Committee
2. Community Centre Committee
3. Emergency Committee
4. Finance and Policies Committee
5. Personnel Committee
f. Insurance confirmation (Clerk to confirm)
h. Complaints Procedure
i. FOI Policy
j. Data Protection Policy
k. Press/Media Policy
l. Employment Policies (16 policies)
24. Greenhill Steps – To consider the issue of the steps and to agree how to proceed.
25. War Memorial – Cllr Worth to give a verbal report.
a. Road closures Road Closure Sept 23(3) (1).pdf
27. Exclusion of Press & Public – To resolve that the public and press be excluded from the meeting for the following item, as it involves the likely disclosure of confidential information.
28. Council Leases – to discuss and agree any further actions.